logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Name Substitution not correctly working

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sat Jul 26 19:39:52 BST 2014

Yes - that was the solution.

The problem seems to be here with Notepad++, it will only choose UTF-8
or UTF-8 without BOM if it is needed. Otherwise it will read it as ANSI
(if you then choose UTF-8 manually, it seems to put somewhere an
additional marker that linux editors do not put - I would guess).
Therefore I always assumed I'm using the correct codepage.

---- So out of my latest series of problems (all of which where on my
side/system) - I still don't understand this one.  I mean I'm more or
less sure the syntax is correct. But mkgmap doesn't seem to like ~ if it
is comparing two values to each other instead of one value to one tag?
I want to change it so I can filter names e.g. here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/369495900
In this case I want to delete name:en based on the condition that name
is fully present in name:en. So I created the below rules according to
the above scheme

name:en=* & name=* & (name ~ '.*$name:en'  ) {delete name:en; echo
"Beginning name matched"}
name:en=* & name=* & (name ~ '$name:en.*'  ) {delete name:int; echo "end
name matched"}
name:en=* & name=* & (name:en ~ '.*$name'  ) {delete name; echo
"beginning name:int matched"}
name:en=* &name=* & (name:en ~ '$name.*'  ) {delete name; echo "end
name:int matched"}