logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Incorrect compilation of grid lines

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Jul 25 10:24:44 BST 2014

Hi Gerd,

the only thing I am afraid about is broken contourlines data (due to
errors or missing data). There you quite often end up with long straight
lines. So the patch shouldn't make such errors even worse - I long even
hoped that mkgmap could have a function/filter to delete all long lines
- say straight over 5km without intersection, because I don't think that
such long straight lines exist in OSM data (except ferry lines, power
lines, railways and highway=motorway/trunk)

So maybe better not detect such a problem automatically, but add a
filter for the style-file where you could switch off douglas peucker
especially
e.g.: gridlines=yes [0x* nodouglaspeucker]

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org