logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] small transliteration bug

From Michał Rogala michal.rogala at gmail.com on Wed Jul 23 11:55:23 BST 2014

As far as I know - sorting and index mechanisms are fine :). Problem is
somewhat related to user experience:

User knows that his map is transliterated and all city/street names should
be entered transliterated. So he enters city Gorczyn (instead of Górczyn).
But letter ó is not transliterated as it is a part of CP1252 and index
contains text "Górczyn". In that way - such city can not be found. This is
caused by situation that all diacritical polish letters are in CP1250 but
this one particular letter ó is common between CP1252 and CP1250 ;). This
would be easily overcome if I could specify my own (patched)
transliteration table.

Maybe it would be possible to add a command line parameter, like:

--transliteration-patch=original_char,replacement_char

This parameter would solve also any potential problems in the future - as
slavic languages can be very problematic.

best regards

Michal Rogala