logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] small transliteration bug

From Bill bill-mkgmap at halibut.com on Tue Jul 22 15:28:03 BST 2014

I've found at least one project using mkgmap that converts 0xF3 to an o
(and some other in cp1252 that are not ascii characters like 0xD3 to an
O, 0xED to an i, and probably more) using an external shell script. The
script also converts letters that are outside of cp1252, and I haven't
quite figured out how the script is being invoked. I guess it could be
applied to the OSM data before being sent to mkgmap. There is also a
script to make all names upper case only, that I am pretty sure gets run
on the OSM data, and would make sense to run it after the filter command.

General Web Page:
http://www.ggbs.org/index.php/en/Maps.html

Character Conversion:
http://www.ggbs.org/OSM/filter.sh