logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sub Descriptions in gmapsupps

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Thu Jul 3 20:46:08 BST 2014

Hi Nick,

MPS record 0x46 ('F') contains family name and FID/PID values.
Record 0x50 ('P') contains FID/PID values and some flags. 'P' could mean
"Product".

Since Mapsource an MapInstall add both records I would do the same, but
maybe 'P' is not obligatory. Or it is some depreciated form?

The name "mp4" is placed in img header. In my opinion it should be
repeated in MPS subfile as a record 'V'. I think Mapsorce and Mapinstall
do that.

Mapsource allows to set this name, when creating gmapsupp.img. Default
value are names tiles used for gmapsupp. Mapinstall uses always default
name.

You can modify names in gmapsupp.img using some programs like GMapTool.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej