logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to remove an index from an existing map

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jul 3 19:36:43 BST 2014

You should have phrased your question better...
--index is only about address search. POI search is independent of
address search.

I'm not sure if there is an index for POI as well - but what you could
do is use 0x00000 codes that are not searchable. Actually most 0x* codes
are not appearing in the POI search. So try around until you achieve
what you want.
But note - on some units the POI might pop up in the Others category -
while being unsearchable on other Garmin units...

However -yes deactivating/activating a map only concerns map display.
Neither address search or POI search can be switched off on the GPS unit.