logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Curvy routing support: new function?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Jul 2 07:46:58 BST 2014

Well I have thought about this too - also new Basecamp has a curvy roads
preference - but what should mkgmap do about it?

You can calculate if a road is curvy or not, but what then? The only
thing you can do until mkgmap knows NT format maps which I think has a
special "tag" for this, is to increase the road-class.
Increasing the road-speed would be against your intentions - as the
higher the road-speed - the more garmin algo will punish you for curvy
roads...

So until we know how Garmin maps tell Basecamp/the GPS Unit to exclude a
road from curvyness punishment - the only thing you can do is to
increase the road-class...
I'm 100% sure the prefer curvy roads switch, works like avoidance -
looking for the curvy road indicator inside the map. There is absolutely
no change in routing in Basecamp if I set it or not with non NT maps...

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org