logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why is there a code-page in the .typ-file? And - is there a code-page a gmapsupp.img?

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Jun 30 22:00:07 BST 2014

Hi Felix

> 1. Switching to unicode I ask myself If I should also change the
> typ-file to code-page=65001

I don't think you need to unless you want you labels to be in
more than one character set eg Greek and Cyrilic.

> 2. I couldn't notice any change on compiling a gmapsupp.img regarding a
> code-page set. Is there actually a code-page for a gmapsupp.img?
> Especially regarding address index. Or is the code-page only for the
> map.img files themselves?

There is not a separate code-page for the gmapsupp - it is just a
container for other files.  There is a code page for the individual
.img files and also for the global address index (MDR) and the sort
order file (SRT).

..Steve