logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why is there a code-page in the .typ-file? And - is there a code-page a gmapsupp.img?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Jun 30 19:41:10 BST 2014

Hi Everyone
1. Switching to unicode I ask myself If I should also change the
typ-file to code-page=65001
  - is this only for the case that you want to label a line/poi/polygon
using unicode characters - or should any .typ-file that is "bundled" by
a unicode map, also be unicode?

Does anyone know a garmin unicode map that has a .typ-file?

2. I couldn't notice any change on compiling a gmapsupp.img regarding a
code-page set. Is there actually a code-page for a gmapsupp.img?
Especially regarding address index. Or is the code-page only for the
map.img files themselves?

Felix

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org