logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Dot in --overview-mapname parameter disables search in Mapsource

From Paulo Carvalho paulo.r.m.carvalho at gmail.com on Sun Jun 22 18:27:59 BST 2014

Greetings,

   Recently I stumbled upon a problem that left me scratching my head for a
while.  Search in Mapsource wasn't being enabled while it worked fine for
the gmapsupp.img in GPS.  The _mdr file was several MBs size, so indexing
was obviously taking place.
    After tweaking the build/deploy script, I found that an extra dot in
the overview file names was the cause.  The extra dot is due to my
particular naming convetion following this pattern: <family
name><MM>.<DD>.img  MM and DD are the month and day of build.
    Of course this was simple to fix.  I just changed my build script.  But
I think an error or warning could be thrown by mkgmap or at least a notice
in mkgmap options help page so others can avoid this pitfall.

all the best and great work,

Paulo Carvalho