logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Combining maps with differerent charset/code page into one mapset - Supress Warnings -

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Jun 22 18:25:46 BST 2014

Hi Felix

> I will then always get warnings like the following - even though the
> maps seem to work fine in Mapsource, Basecamp and on my GPS..
> /WARNING: input file 73630000.img has different code page 1252//
> //WARNING: input file 73630000.img has different charset type 10//
> //WARNING: input files have different code pages//
> /
> (e.g.
> ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/openmtbmap/odbl/mtbmonaco.exe
> - just unzip the .exe - it's lzma packed.

In that file it seems that both the .img files have the same code-page
and sort-order, so when I specify --code-page=1252 there is no warning.#
It certainly could happen though, and as long as there are no symbols
in the file with the wrong code-page/sort-order then the map will still
work.

> Sometimes on bigger maps - mkgmap even crashes while running due to
> the codepage/charset option - e.g. if I create a map of Europe...
> Dunno really why this crashes..

What is the crash that you get?

If it is because of mismatched code-pages then it is not unexpected,
that's why there is a warning.  It is just a warning rather than an
error, because sometimes there will not be a problem - perhaps
I should make it an error.

..Steve