logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Unicode index and searching

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Jun 2 10:21:25 BST 2014

Hi Andrzej

> this is a great news!

Thanks for testing, I appologise that I did not see your reply
earlier - spam filtering gone wrong!

> I have compiled map of Europe. It looks good and search works correctly
> in Mapsource. I haven't tested thoroughly but I have tried address
> search and city search in several languages.

Great!

> When compiling I got some messages, like:
>
> missing page ? (4e00)
> missing page ? (5546)
> [...]

This is debugging for characters that are not recognised. These are
usually Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters.

I don't exactly know how to deal with these, I assume that there
sort positions are determined algorithmically rather than by being
included in the SRT file. I have no way to test, so they will
remain unsupported for the time being.

..Steve