logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Unicode index and searching

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon May 26 18:47:22 BST 2014

Hi

I've been working on implementing unicode sorting so that we can
have a global index that supports address search with full
unicode support.

I've tested with a map mixing Germany and Poland and it seems
to work at first sight, but I'm sure someone will find a
bug quickly enough :)

Get the latest from the unicode branch at the bottom
of the download page:
    http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/download/mkgmap-unicode-r3284.zip

try with --code-page=65001 to enable unicode.

It should be OK with Greek, Arabic and Cyrillic characters too. But
not with Chinese characters at the moment.

..Steve