logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] House numbers and styles

From Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl on Sun May 25 21:18:35 BST 2014

I have some rules which modify name, addr:street and mkgmap:street in
"lines" and "points" which apply some transformations to the street
names. The idea is to normalise the names by removing punctuation and
standardising abbreviations. The resulting map is missing the house
numbers for streets whose name I have modified. In the style rules, I
apply identical transformations to the way (looking for highway=* &
name=*) and points (looking for addr:street and mkgmap:street,
separately of course). I expect that mkgmap can match up the address
nodes with the street because the street names are still identical, but
something is not working right. The modified street name is working fine
- that is displayed and is in the index (i.e. I can search for it as a
destination). However for these streets only, there don't seem to be any
house numbers present. A search for a specific (existing) number on the
road finds the road with no numbers, at the centroid of the street.
Other streets whose names don't get changed, will allow me to find a
specific house number and get the location right as well.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going wrong here? Am I trying
to do something that can never work?

Is it possible that something in the address handling in mkgmap is using
the original street name, before the style has been applied?

Is it possible that the styles don't get applied to address-only nodes?

I have the following in "lines":

# CS: normalise by getting rid of . in abbreviations
highway=* & name ~ '.*[.].*' {set name='${name|subst:.-=>-|subst:.~>
|subst: +~> }'}

... and the following in "points":

# CS: normalise by getting rid of . in abbreviations
#mkgmap:street ~ '.*[.].*' {set
mkgmap:street='${mkgmap:street|subst:.-=>-|subst:.~> |subst: +~> }';
echo "fixed mkgmap:street ${mkgmap:street}"}
mkgmap:street ~ '.*[.].*' {set
mkgmap:street='${mkgmap:street|subst:.-=>-|subst:.~> |subst: +~> }'}
#addr:street ~ '.*[.].*' {set
addr:street='${addr:street|subst:.-=>-|subst:.~> |subst: +~> }'; echo
"fixed addr:street ${addr:street}"}
addr:street ~ '.*[.].*' {set
addr:street='${addr:street|subst:.-=>-|subst:.~> |subst: +~> }'}

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Colin