logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] evaluating viewpoint direction

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Fri May 23 12:36:50 BST 2014

I wonder if anyone has a solution for the following:

tourism=viewpoint
direction=180-300

I have 9 different types for my viewpoints in my TYP file, each clearly
showing the direction
of the viewpoint.

at present I'm using direction= (North, South, East, West, NE,NW,SW and SE)
I presume that if direction tag is not given the viewpoint is 360 degrees.
This works fine for most of the viewpoints and the maps now seem to be much
clearer to the hiker

However, I can't see how I can evaluate direction:[number] -[ number]
The problems seems to be the '-' meaning 'between' .
It would be great if I could say:
if direction => 270 and direction <315 then [ 0xNNNN ]

I have to admit it is extremely rare where the user has tagged direction
using degrees - only 3 in the UK.