logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter and overlapping tiles in split-file

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri May 16 07:25:35 BST 2014

Hi all,

> Other things could be done:
>
> As you mainly had written the overlapping-code for me, I think it can
> be removed. The new method is so much better, that I would highly
> recommend not to use the older one.

The code for this is not big (maybe 200 lines), but in the past
it often caused trouble when new features were implemented,
and it is difficult to test, so I'd appreciate to remove the support
for overlapping tiles in a given split-file.

Is it okay to remove the support and print something like
"Error: Support for overlapping tiles in split-files was removed in version r36x."
or should splitter print a warning to stderr like
"Warning : Support for overlapping tiles will be removed in future releases"
for a while ?