logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] error handling in splitter

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 14 09:24:40 BST 2014

Hi Uli,

> this sounds very reasonable! How about implementing this like the way mkgmap
> handles it? If given the option --keep-going it will continue as splitter
> does now and the new default would be to stop processing?

I thought about this as well, but in what case would it be useful to continue?
I see these potential cases to print warning and continue instead of stopping:
- if output of densities_out.txt fails
- if output of a *.poly or *.kml file fails
- if input of --geonames  file fails

If any other file causes trouble I see no reason to continue.

> BTW: Last time i suspected mkgmap to produce bad maps, it was because of a
> corrupted *.o5m, which splitter happily converted to useless data. So again,
> yes, i would love this new behavior!

yes, I kept that in mind.