logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter removes multipolygon-tags

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat May 10 11:11:16 BST 2014

Hi Henning,

okay, I've now committed r331 which is hopefully fixing all problems.

I've compared the result with r315 and r327 with four different cases:
1) normal split without split-file
327 and 331 give same result : ok
331 writes fewer tiles compared to 315: ok

2) split Germany with your areas.list that contains overlapping
tiles in Germany
r331  writes fewer relations than r315 to tile 10000211.
All of them were wrong, so r331 is better.
r331  writes more relations than r327 to tile 10000211.
All of them are correct, so r331 is again better.
(they are located in the part of 10000211 which is not overlapped)
Disadvantage:
r331 requires one more pass in the ProblemListProcessor,
so it is much slower for your case with up to 3 different tiles
overlapping the same area.

3) split Niedersachsen with an areas.list for Bremen
(7 tiles, not overlapping)
r331 and r327 write  equal files, r315 wrote a few wrong ones

4) split Niedersachsen with an areas.list for Bremen
(two different sets of 7 tiles covering exactly the same area)
This test case showed another bug in r330.
r327 writes many more relations, all of them are wrong
(they are outside of all tiles)
r331 also writes a few more relations which are correct

I did not test planet with your areas.list because I don't
expect other results.

The extra pass(es) in the ProblemListProcessor are
not nice, but they are required to detect all problem cases.
So, try to avoid having any area which is covered by more
than two tiles to get the same speed as in the wrong
older versions.

Gerd