logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r3259: remove most checks regarding routable/non-routable types.

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Fri May 9 14:47:05 BST 2014

Hi Gerd

I have noticed types between 0x30-3f are behaving inconsistent, they are not rendered at all in Mapsource/Basecamp, even with a typ file. Routing seems to work but not very reliable.

After some more tests, I notice other remarkable things:

I search for an address on an unclassified road (type 0x06, road_class=3 road_speed=2)
This road also has a bicycle route (routable line without road class/speed):

[0x02 resolution 22 continue]
gpsmapedit shows road_class=5 road_speed=3 on this line 0x02 (??) and routing errors happen.
It always routes to the tile border and then a straight direct line to the address that I search for.

[0x05 resolution 22 continue]
gpsmapedit shows road_class=1 road_speed=3, routing error

[0x06 resolution 22 continue]
gpsmapedit shows road_class=0 road_speed=3, routing error

[0x10 resolution 22 continue]
gpsmapedit shows road_class=0 road_speed=0, routing error

[0x0a resolution 22 continue]
gpsmapedit shows road_class=0 road_speed=1, no routing error

[0x29 resolution 22 continue]
gpsmapedit dont show road_class nor road_speed, no routing error

Normally I set on type 0x02 road_class=4 road_speed=3, and then the routing is ok.

Any idea why a default value of road_speed and class is assigned altough I don't specify it?
Is there a way how to show/print the routing parameters that mkgmap sets on every line?