logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r3259: remove most checks regarding routable/non-routable types.

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri May 9 10:46:35 BST 2014

Hi Minko,

> I found out that the routing errors still exist when you have two routable lines on top of each other,
> one with and one without road speed/class parameters. If the GPS finds an address on such road, routing goes mad. In my style I use type 0x02 for all cycleroutes. I need to use 0x02 because this is one of the few type that are always rendered on top of all other lines.

just to make sure:
your style creates two lines for one OSM way, they have different types, but both below 0x3f,
and one has road speed/class , the other has not.
Which one come first?

> If it were possible to skip address search on the last routable line somehow I could make it not routable, but I'm not sure.
For mkgmap, a routable line is one that has a road speed/class  and a non-extended type.
I am not familiar with the code regarding indexes for address search.
I don't know ihow this is related to routing.

> Normally multiple routable lines are not often needed, so the removal of those warnings is still ok.
I think when it causes problems, we should try to find a better solution or print a warning.