logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with barrier=gate and access=no

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri May 9 07:33:05 BST 2014

Hi Nelson,

the answer to your question reg. "How can I find out if it works?"
is a bit more complicated.
I test like this:
Install the map in MapSource, start MapSource, press Ctrl+G two times to clear
the "tile cache", create a route which should use the way if no restriction existed,
verify that the route is NOT using the way with a restricted vehicle.
Change routing to pedestrian (or whatever vehicle that should be alllowed
to pass the barrier) and recalc the route.
Now it should use the way.
For both cases I also revert the route to check both directions.
Whenever I find something unexpected I double-check
(2x CTRL+G , check routing configuration ) and try again,
before I am sure that it doesn't work.

Of course you can also use Basecamp for that.
If you find that it works in the PC programs but not on a device,
check if the software on the PC and on the device is up to date.

Gerd