logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] set program return code and improve logging

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed May 7 13:45:45 BST 2014

On 06/05/14 14:28, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> I see. Do you think the rest is okay? I am always afraid to put
> additional code into code that handles exceptions.
> I remember ugly loops caused by this.
> For example, someone may change logger to throw a
> MapFailedException. Maybe there is a better place
> to print the log?

I don't think that logging code should be purposely throwing any
exceptions, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I don't much like examining the stack trace in order to decide
whether to exit() or not. Perhaps there could be another method
that does not exit that the tests can call. Or a static flag that
the tests can set that prevents the exit().

..Steve