logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r325: improved split algo and new option

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 7 10:36:26 BST 2014

Hi Felix,

well, nowadays splitter performance mostly depends on I/O if you use o5m format
for input and output and give enough heap.

Reg. mkgmap performance improvements: yes, that's what I expected.
In short, the branch improved the evaluation of tags and the creation of the NOD file.

Gerd

Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 11:29:10 +0200
From: extremecarver at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] splitter r325: improved split algo and new option

    Well - I'll update all my maps on Thursday again, to recheck. Maybe
    it has to do with increasing-maxnodes? Though I thought the higher
    the max-nodes, the faster...

    And I only meant splitter. I upgraded mkgmap at the same time (now
    integrating performance branch changes) - so mkgmap by itself got
    faster (though it depends on the country - seems like well mapped
    countries profit a lot more (e.g. Austria like 30% time off), than
    countries where few continue commands will be in action cause their
    mapping is basic like Asia).

    I'm not using any pre-split files or cached files of any sort
    either...

    On 07.05.2014 06:49, Gerd Petermann