logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] set program return code and improve logging

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue May 6 21:50:28 BST 2014

> On 06/05/14 10:24, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>> @WanMil, Steve: Please review.
>> In Main.java I use "synchronized" to make sure that concurrent updates
>> are handled.
>
> The synchronized is not required, since int accesses are atomic and it
> appears that all changes to it are made via the same thread anyway.

Mmmh, I have to do some nit picking: int variables need to be defined as
volatile if they are accessed from multiple threads. Otherwise it is not
ensured that they contain the latest change by another thread:
http://www.javamex.com/tutorials/synchronization_volatile.shtml

Anyhow if it is accessed and changed by one thread only it must not be
declared as volatile :-)

WanMil