logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access_country for default style

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sat May 3 09:31:05 BST 2014

On 03.05.2014 10:16, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> Hi Paco,
>
> Please check:  Why do you use the tags mkgmap:horse =* and
> mkgmap:access=* ?
> They are not used in mkgmap. The img format doesn't know horses.
>
> Gerd
well - at least mkgmap:access would be really useful... (and not as a
shortcut...).
I was going to write a lengthy description why finalize cannot replace it...

At least my style is still pretty badly corrupting the maps, because
it's not possible with any trick to replace it's old functionality...
(problems are related to continue and continue with_actions). In the end
I would end up with a finalize section some hundred lines long, just in
order to try to restore the old behaviour. compat_lines is only working
fully for default style...
I will explain that in some days if I find time, cause it's quite
complicated... - the main problem is that there is no intermediate
finalize. Actually to fully replace it's old behaviour I would need a
complex structure of several finalize blocks. One single finalize block
at the end doesn't help me at all.
Is it possible to have several finalize sections - and each subsequent
only finalizes the lines in between the last finalize?

Furthermore, I still think mkgmap:access is the most important key, I'm
not so sure which mkgmap:bicycle,foot,.... key Basecamp v4 actually
interprets and in which profile. Needs some testing now that is
supposedly works...

mgmap:horse of course makes no sense..