logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Attribution

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Sun Apr 27 13:00:27 BST 2014

Thanks, Gerd and Minko.

I was wondering if there was some value I could set which would
over-ride this. For example, according to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/IMG_File_Format,
byte 0x0E indicates something about MapSource, but changing this with a
hex editor had no effect.

I'll assume that it's hard coded as Minko states. I don't think of my
GPSmap 60CSx as an older device, but I suppose I have had it more than 3
years now, and things move on!

Thanks again.

Roger

On 27/04/2014 11:20, GerdP wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> I don't see the string mapsource in the source (only in comments),
> so this is probably hardwired in the device.
> You can use the options --copyright-message and --license-file to
> mention mkgmap.
>
> Gerd
>

> Roger Calvert wrote
>> I have a simple (I think) and not very important, query:
>>
>> My Garmin reports my mkgmap-generated map as 'mapsource' (presumably the
>> default - I do not use Mapsource to upload it).
>>
>> Is there a way to make it say 'mkgmap' (or something else) instead?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Roger
>>
>> --
>

> --