logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] oneway reverse patch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Apr 24 16:26:53 BST 2014

On 24.04.2014 23:14, Minko wrote:
> I dont have any difficulties with mkgmap showing arrows in the wrong direction, or routing going the wrong way.
Well it didn't seem to work for me (at least using the patch with the
most up to date mkgmap trunk version last Thursday)
> I do see that sometimes the bike lane is drawn on the wrong side of the road, but this is a Garmin bug.
> In Mapsource and Basecamp it is rendered on the correct side, but on the newer Garmins it is rendered on the opposite (wrong) side. On older units it is rendered ok.
> Garmin is aware of this issue but hasn't done anything for years.
That's a bug - correct. But actually it's not sometimes, but all the
time - I was first to report this over 3 years ago on the us garmin
forum (mapsource 6.14) and actually one dev sometimes even promised to
fix it but never got to do it. All asymetric lines are rendered the
opposite side on Computer vs GPS unit (I think mapsource 6.13 is same
side as GPS however). Garmin doesn't care as they never used asymetric
lines (I was the first one to do so using transparency) - the only had
asymetric lines in so far as older GPS units/mapsource 6.13 didn't
render 2,4,6,8,... pixel lines actually in the middle (only 1,3,5 where
actually centered) - and now that they started using asymetric lines -
they don't have them dependent on direction...