logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r3200: Reapply 3198 as svn move

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Apr 20 06:37:57 BST 2014

Hi Uli,

okay, the difference between 3193 and 3194 is very small
regarding the format of the written map.
I assume you don't see the problem in Mapsource or Basecamp?

I suggest to create a rather small map (input file < 1MB in xml format),
once with r3193, once with 3194.
Next, make sure that the error also only shows up with the r3194 map.
If that is the case, please try that also with the default style.

Another approach:
The dump seems to show that you create a map for Germany with a rather
small heap (2000m) on a 16GB machine. I think this means a lot of stress
for the garbage collector. The change in 3194 is mainly a performance
improvement, so maybe it produces more stress.
In short, try -Xmx6G instead of -Xmx2000m (if you keep --max-jobs=3),
or use --max-jobs=2

Gerd