logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] oneway reverse patch

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Apr 19 17:58:12 BST 2014

Hi Gerd,

> Hi WanMil,
>
> okay, I agree that this would be the best solution.
>
> I've started a new refactoring branch today, I'd like to finish
> this work first.

Ok, anyhow I will slowly start with some tests with the tag reverser. I
think most of it will be static so it won't hurt if other things are
refactored.

> Maybe you can look at it:
> I plan to evaluate all tags used in RoadMerger once
> in ConvertedWay and place them
> in fields (most of them are booleans).
> RoadMerger should then call ConvertedWay.isSimilar()
> which will implement most of the compare routines now implemented
> in RoadMerger.Road.
> Does that sound okay for you?

I don't see the big advantage now but I am sure you have a good idea why
it helps :-)
One small comment: I have some doubts that it is a good idea to put the
isSimilar() method to the ConvertedWay class. There is a similar
approach in MapElement. But the implementation does not really help.
Maybe there are also different views at different stages of the
processing if two elements are similar or not. So better leave the
isSimilar method at the RoadMerger who knows better if the two elements
can be merged or not.

WanMil