logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [patch v1] route restrictions

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 15 10:55:48 BST 2014

Hi all,

attached is a patch that changes parts of the program logic regarding
restriction relations to make it more stable and add further plausibility
checks.
The compiled binary is here:

http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/198/mkgmap.jar

Compared to r3189 it fixes some errors and adds new checks:
1) only these restrictions are evaluated:
no_right_turn / no_left_turn / no_u_turn / no_straight_on / only_right_turn / only_left_turn / only_straight_on / no_entry / no_exit

2) to-ways that build a loop so that first and last point end at the via node
are now supported if the restriction contains a direction info (left, right,...).

3) Further plausibility checks are performed to find restrictions where the angle
of the from and to way don't match the direction info, for example
when a no_right_turn looks more like a no_left_turn.

4) Restrictions with multiple via ways are now supported as well
as via ways with additional nodes. The new limit is given by the
img format: it allows to specify a "path" with up to 8 routing nodes.

I've tested the patch with default style and all tiles for Germany,
as well as Hennings and Minkos style. I found no more
severe error message, and the remaining warnings seem to be correct.

Please test this patch with your style and check the log regarding warnings for restrictions,
if I hear no complains, ll commmit it on friday.