logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] make-cycleways and make-opposite-cycleways

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Apr 10 09:00:53 BST 2014

Hi all,

Mario Hantschke pointed out that these tags are not yet
evaluated in the --make-opposite-cycleway option:
cycleway:left=* and cycleway:right=*
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/cycleway:left?filter=ways#values

While looking at the code I noticed that (for a oneway) the tags
bicycle:oneway=no and oneway:bicycle=no are only evaluated if the way also
has the tag cycleway=* , which was not intended and is an error.

I think all agreed that it only makes sense to add a cycleway if the
way is a oneway, so the options --make-cycleways and
--make-all-cycleways are obsolete and should be ignored.

This leaves option --make-opposite-cycleways which only
applies to oneways which do not already have a highway=cycleway tag.
My understanding is now that mkgmap should add an additional cycleway
if a oneway also has
oneway:bicycle=no | bicycle:oneway=no |
cycleway=opposite |cycleway=opposite_lane | cycleway=opposite_track |
cycleway:left=opposite_lane |  cycleway:right=opposite_lane |
cycleway:left=opposite_track |  cycleway:right=opposite_track

Attached is a patch that implements these changes.
If I hear no complains I'll commit it on sunday.

I'd still prefer to remove also the --make-opposite-cycleways option and
change the default style, but I don't know how to change the lines file
so that the additional cycleway is added after(!) the normal highway
and bicycle traffic is forbidden on that normal highway :-(