logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] improvements installer template

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Apr 10 06:34:30 BST 2014

Hi Minko,

thanks, works fine for me. If I hear no complains, I'll commit it on sunday.

Gerd

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 13:16:12 +0200
From: ligfietser at online.nl
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] improvements installer template

For Lambertus generic maps I examined the installer he used (the default one) and noticed some issues.

If the installer detects a previous version, it asks for permission to remove it (which is fine). Then it opens a separate uninstaller window. There you need to enter again if you want to proceed. This 2nd step is imho not needed. The installer window disappears in the background which is confusing.

I changed the Function myGUIInit so this step is skipped, after ok the uninstalling process is carried out in the background and the user will stay in the installer window.

Another issue is that the uninstaller does not remove the mapfiles if a user has entered another folder than the default c:\garmin\maps\folder. Besides this, it does not remember what the custom folder was after removal, you will get the default c:\garmin\maps\folder prompted.

I also changed this, it first looks if a map already is installed, and it stores this info. After removal the default folder is the custom folder, not the default c:\garmin\maps\folder.

I've used this procedure already for a few years without complains ;-)
Please test it and add it to the default style if it's ok?