logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Is mkgmap now producing fully compatible maps built at resolution=23 instead of 24?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Apr 3 09:31:52 BST 2014

Hi Felix,

> I just wondered, is mkgmap now producing fully working maps if the
> highest resolution is 23 instead of 24?
> (meaning no problems with autorouting, no problems with simplyfing
> filters, address search and so on?).

no, it is not :-(
It turned out that there are special cases , see also
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Mapsource-crashes-while-calculating-a-route-tp5793545p5793717.html
I still see this on the todo list, but if nobody else tries to solve it,
you'll have to wait a bit, as I prefer to go biking in the summer ;-)

> BTW - if it is - it would be cool if one could specify "0x1c resolution
> highest" or "0x1c resolution X" instead of 24 or 23 to quickly change
> between producing a map with resolution 24 and 23 for testing... (I know
> this could be done with using level instead - but for me using
> resolution is easier because when editing a style-file I can assess the
> outcome much easier than needing to remember with level is which
> resolution. Also it's easier to play around with levels that way - the
> only problem is that each time I would need to run a script to change
> resolution 24 to 23 as I don't want to do this in the style-file I use
> for editing itself as it's a way of no return if you want to have 23 and
> 24 in the map again)..
> Or is it possible to replace just "resolution 24" in the style-file with
> "level 0" while keeping all other at resolution ?? and still using the
> options file to get the other resolution ?? assigned to their proper level?

that's what I did to create a routable map at res 23:
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Mapsource-crashes-while-calculating-a-route-tp5793545p5793598.html