logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r3165 in via_ways branch

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Apr 3 08:28:06 BST 2014

Hi all,

I think r3165 is ready for a deeper test.
Changes compared to trunk:
- handling of RouteRestrictions was mostly rewritten to make sure that mkgmap doesn't
write wrong restrictions to the img file (this was possible when different roads connected the same points
with direct arcs)
- added support for restrictions with one via way (see below)
- added support for tag type=restriction:*  , e.g. type=restriction:motorcar
- added support for tag restrection:*=<turn> , e.g.  restriction:motorcar=only_left_turn
- added support for no_entry and no_exit restrictions
- improved log messages for invalid or possibly obsolete restriction relations

Reg. via ways:
According to NodCheck in the display tool the data written by mkgmap r3165 is correct,
but I found no effect on routing :-(
Up to now mkgmap adds a 4 node restriction to both end points of the via way.
Maybe there is a bit in a header which has to be (un)set, but I can't find any.
Multiple via ways are not yet supported, but partly verified to be correct.
Maybe I'll look at that when we see an effect on routing for a single via way.

@Steve: Do you see any effect of them in your maps?
If yes, what might be wrong with the data written by mkgmap?