logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restriction angle checks

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Apr 1 16:18:11 BST 2014

Hallo Gerd,

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 03:54:14PM +0200, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>just to make sure:
>The example shows a no_u_turn restriction
>where "from" way  and "to" way are equal and a via node is used.
>
>Are that the criteria which should tell mkgmap to emit an info and
>ignore the restriction?
>
>Why not a warning? I'd say all correct restriction relations which are
>ignored should produce a warning.

Yes, this is a restriction=no_u_turn, with the same way in role=to and
role=from, and one of the way endpoints being the role=via node.

You are right, it could be a warning as well. The warning message should
mention the restriction type and that the from,to ways are equal.

The warning could then be filtered out with a grep -vf script (as long
as it is for restriction=no_u_turn), or the map data could be reviewed
and edited, possibly after consulting the mapper, the wiki, or the
applicable 'authorities'.

	Marko

PS: Yesterday and today I addressed most warnings from via-ways -r3143
for Finland. Tomorrow it should complain very little. I left this
no_u_turn relation unchanged.