logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] vehicles in restriction relations

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 1 08:29:25 BST 2014

Hi Paco,

> You're reminding me of a question I've got for mkgmap developers.
>
> I'd like to know if the right turn on red
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_turn_on_red) is taken into account by
> Garmin in their map format and routing algorithm. I guess yes because Garmin is
> US-based, where this kind of traffic light is widespread and that it allows for
> faster right turns.
>
> Has anyone ever succeeded in reverse-engineering it in the map file format ?
AFAIK the img format doesn't contain any kind of traffic light.
I think this is not needed, as it only influences the avg. speed.

BTW: In Germany we have a green arrow which allows right turn after stopping
and giving way.
It is often misunderstood to be something like a "ignore red light" sign.