logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] vehicles in restriction relations

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Mon Mar 31 08:54:59 BST 2014

Gerd,
It is mentioned in the wiki, see table under road signs, #8
Used for not one-way roads, where entering across some point (member node with role via) is prohibited. Relation can have several from members[2] and one to member.

We have used this relation because it is not a oneway street so oneway does not apply.
You are only not allowed to drive in this street from this side.
In the NL's there are a lot of situations like this, mainly residential streets with a no car traffic sign only on one entry side of the street. On a lot of maps and osm it is falsely mapped as one way (+ cycleway=opposite).
But on the other hand I understand this will ever be mapped with turn restrictions, that is way too complicated.
A workaround is to map only a small beginning as oneway:motorcar=yes or -1 depending on the street direction.