logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap & Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

From paco.tyson at free.fr paco.tyson at free.fr on Sat Mar 29 01:29:11 GMT 2014

Selon Nev Wedding <nevwedding at gmail.com>:

> That seems plain enough even for me now - I must have a later Java version
> installed and this can't be done on this machine.
>

> ** Is it likely that the developers of mkgmap will recompile a version of the
> program in the near future so that it runs under java 1.6?

I don't think so. You either have to use an older mkgmap version or upgrade your
OS X installation to Lion or newer. You can check in the commit logs when mkgmap
dropped java1.6 support and use that mkgmap version. I know that r2960 can run
on java1.6

I upgraded from SL to Mavericks recently in order to get java7 and keep up with
mkgmap.