logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Changes to require name defined in the style file

From Brett Russell brussell237 at live.com.au on Fri Mar 28 22:43:11 GMT 2014

Hi Minko

Thanks for the advice.  Now in the process of updating my style.

Never to sure if I should start again with the default and modify it.  It is a pity that the standard style and typ sheets did not mirror the OSM web view but I believe that some Garmins do not take kindly to some typ files so can understand the default been a safe starting point.

Also just about every location has particular needs so not much more can be done with default styles as often users' need conflict.

Strange as it might appear in Europe but gravel roads that can be impassible by normal cars are classed as National Highways in Australia.   Still have not worked out the best way to render gravel roads but still keep their road level rating. Duplicating all the road lines for gravel will likely mean running out of Garmin hex codes for line type.  Also OSM surface rules are rather weird.  Bit like the hiking classifications that are very word long, but at least they are a standard.  Tempted by the technic used by some for bridges to render gravel roads.

O'well, thanks to all the developers and testers.  I get a few nice thankyous for the img that I produce but frankly this group does most of the work.

Thanks again.

Cheers
Brett Russell
PO Box 94