logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] conditional includes in style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Mar 27 21:12:15 GMT 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 07:59:24PM +0100, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>That is also quite nice, my main problem with this approach is - can
>we by now assume that the mkgmap:country tag is 99.9% available
>correctly when using precompiled bounds?
[snip]
>>if ( mkgmap:country=DEU ) {
>>    include 'deu_highway_rules';
>>}

Would this mkgmap:country be assumed to be constant for all map objects?
If mkgmap builds a rectangular map tile that includes a bit of Germany,
Austria and Switzerland, would this include be executed unconditionally,
and each rule in it would be prefixed with the condition
"mkgmap:country=DEU &"?

If the include statement is dynamic, what if the first objects in the
OSM extract happen to be outside Germany? Would you then skip the
include for all of the map tile, skipping it for the German part of the
tile? If the first objects are inside Germany (mkgmap:country=DEU
holds), would the rules be applied to all subsequent map objects, no
matter if mkgmap:country=DEU holds for them?

	Marko