logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] conditional includes in style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Mar 27 16:51:12 GMT 2014

First, the conditional rules or includes sounds like a good idea. I
guess we should only allow the new syntax for key=value or maybe key=*.

Should we introduce a new type of keys (global keys) that are not
associated with any OSM object?

Or, should the global keys be the default on every object? For example,
after

java -jar mkgmap.jar --add-default-way-tag=name=unknown

every OSM way that did not already carry a name=* tag would be tagged
with name=unknown.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 12:15:14PM +0100, Andrzej Popowski wrote:
>2. Allow for user defined tags in mkgmap options, for example:
>
>mkgmap.jar --style-option=topo;cycleways ...

; would be a bad choice for a delimiter, because it is a shell
meta-character in the conventional Unix shells (separating commands when
you do not want to use line breaks).

Also, I think that the option should be split already on the command
line, like this:

java -jar mkgmap.jar --style-option=topo --style-option=cycleways ...

In many Unix shells, you can use short-hand notation which would be
expanded to the above by the shell:

java -jar mkgmap.jar --style-option={topo,cycleways}

Best regards,

	Marko