logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with address search and --code-page

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Mar 24 22:18:14 GMT 2014

Hi Michał

> I suppose problem may be in content of an index - your map of Poland
> works well on my device but any map compiled by me (using latest mkgmap
> release) using data I sent you (bigger Europe slice than boundary of
> Poland)  has broken index. Yesterday I made some tests and neither
> compilation with latin1 not 1252 nor 1250 works. Index in MapSource
> works well, maps uploaded using MapSource also work well.

I've found a few differences with the gmapsupp that we produce and the
attached patch fixes most of them.

I would appreciate if you could test the current patch.

Trouble is, that nothing that I've changed really appears to be
specific to that part of the world and so I don't why it
does not affect everyone.

There are a few names that begin with spaces, which are possibly
a problem. I would like to get rid of all initial spaces from
names and I will attempt that in the next patch.

Best wishes
..Steve