logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] dissapearing roads

From Michał Rogala michal.rogala at gmail.com on Sun Mar 23 14:15:28 GMT 2014

thanks!

I didn't notice this bug in OSM :)

But I have similar situation here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/52.18345/21.00293

those 2 one-way lanes of Domaniewska street. Problem appears in Garmin on
resolution 21.

Here it's ok:

http://imgur.com/1HZgGEE

Here it's not:

http://imgur.com/qIP203L

This also happens on secondary roads:

http://imgur.com/rS6tYO5

Each time disputed road has two separate lanes. My theory is that at lower
coordinate resolution those lanes appear at the same position and due to
some conflict they're not put on a map.

Regarding no_name tag - I did something like this:

highway=tertiary {set mkgmap:no_name=yes} [0x05 resolution 22-22 continue]

[a lot of other rules]

<finalize>
highway=* & mkgmap:no_name!=* {name '${name}' | '${ref}'}

This allows me to control road labelling at each level so maps are not
overloaded with text at lower levels. It's more convenient than creating
custom lines with 'no label' in TYP.

best regards

Michal Rogala