logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restrictions with role=via ways

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Mar 23 08:52:53 GMT 2014

Hi all,

I am not sure how I should interpret a restriction relation with
restriction=only_* and a via way.  AFAIK the Garmin format
doesn't have such kind of restriction, so we have to translate it
into one or more no_* restrictions for the other possible ways.
This was rather easy for restrictions with a via node, but how
should I do it for via ways?
Examples:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/67571
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1745548

I assume I have to create a restriction that contains the node on the  from way, the two nodes
on the via way and finally any node that can be reached from the 2nd via node
which doesn't lie on the to road.
OK?

I probably can code support for multiple via ways as Garmin seems to support that as well,
but only if I find that in the OSM data.

@Steve: Did you see anything in your original maps which might
also be a only_* restriction?

Gerd