logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] link-pois-to-ways tags

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Mar 21 20:10:10 GMT 2014

Hi Andrzej,

ah, yes, that one shows the problem.
The additional cycle way is added with a different (OSM) id (osm id incremented by CYCLEWAY_ID_OFFSET (0x10000000)).
Therefore all points of the original way appear on two different roads,
all highway counts are incremented and thus the obsolete point
is no longer considered obsolete.

I see two simple fixes:
1) don't increment the id
2) consider two way ids as identical when they differ by CYCLEWAY_ID_OFFSET and follow each other.

I don't know why the offset was added, so I don't dare to remove it.
Attached is a patch for the 2nd approach.

@Steve: svn blame says the code with the CYCLEWAY_ID_OFFSET was added by you.
Please check if that is (still) needed, I think it was just added to be able to identify these special ways
when debugging?

Gerd

Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 20:23:48 +0100
From: popej at poczta.onet.pl
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] link-pois-to-ways tags

Hi Gerd,

 > I see no hardcoded handling of highway=crossing.

My bad, wrong guess and wrong thread.

Problem is due to option make-opposite-cycleway. When used, way gets
additional nodes, which accidentally happen to be crossing. Without
crossing tag, mkgmap behave the same.

See attached sample and node:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2650495576

Compilation with simple command:
mkgmap --route --make-opposite-cycleways crossing.osm

--
Best regards,
Andrzej