logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap and route restrictions

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Mar 20 08:00:45 GMT 2014

Hi all,

looking at the 4 node restrictions I think I found a general bug in mkgmap:

Both with polish (.mp) format and with OSM data we compute the
routing nodes for which the restriction shoud be applied.
In a second step we compute the arcs between these nodes.
In this 2nd step we ignore the information about roads given with
TRAFFROADS in polish format or the from,via, and to roles in OSM data.

In the mkgmap algo, we just select the first direct arc (means: peace of road) between the nodes.
If the nodes are connected with multiple arcs on different roads, this
probably is too lazy, although it will not fail very often.

I have to rewrite most of the code reg. restrictions to correct this..