logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restrictions with role=via ways

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue Mar 18 15:56:48 GMT 2014

Hi Marko,

 > Anyway, the problem is that the U-turn restriction is ABCD
 > (A=from,B=via,C=via,D=to) while BCD (B=from,C=via,D=to) would suffice.

BCD restriction would be interpreted as turn-left restriction for cars
coming from other road, which in most cases would be wrong. There is no
shortcut for 4-points U-turn restriction.

I'm not sure, what are recommendation in OSM, but I think cgpsmapper is
logical in its definition of restriction. Restriction should consist of
nodes and ways between these nodes. There should be no guessing how to
get from a node to next one.

OSM relation can include only a part of these data, for example 2 nodes
and a way or 4 nodes. Any combination should be interpreted, converted
to standard definition and used if can be stored in Garmin format.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej