logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restrictions with role=via ways

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Mar 18 11:16:53 GMT 2014

On 18/03/14 08:07, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> @Steve: Could it be that the 05 60 00 type restrictions
> have two via points?

I know we discussed this before and at the time I hadn't examined any.
But now I am fairly certain that all intermediate points are via points.

Its not a strange situation, perhaps more of an optimisation rather than
anything that there would be a traffic sign for.

Imagine there are two two roads between A and D; ABCD and AD. You can
travel AB and ABC, but there is a turn restriction from C to D. So
the 'real' turn restriction is BCD, but they write it as ABCD, perhaps
just so that the algorithm doesn't waste time exploring the wrong
path if it is at A and needing to get to D.

I've no idea how well that relates to what the OSM tags mean.

..Steve