logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter and srtm2osm

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Mar 7 13:49:56 GMT 2014

Hi Michal,

Did you contact the osmosis maintainers?
I can try to write a routine that sorts the data, but
I don't want to rewrite the osmosis code if not really
needed. I guess SRTM data uses negative ids
which are sorted, but in the "wrong" direction:
-1,-2,-3 instead of 1,2,3

A simple work around would be to use a
formula like
id = fixed_offset - id;
to get the order that is needed in splitter.

Gerd

Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 11:36:12 +0100
From: michal.rogala at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] splitter and srtm2osm

Hi!

Did anyone manage to merge SRTM (srtm2osm output file) with any OSM map using splitter? Splitter complaints that IDs in srtm.osm file are not sorted. osmosis has a bug (exception: 'cannot represent XX as char') and I can't use it to sort srtm.osm file.

Is there any way that I can force splitter to merge both files with unsorted ID's?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Michal Rogala