logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [patch v6] additional arcs‏

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 26 10:09:51 GMT 2014

Hi all,
here is the next version of the patch.

The additional arcs are now only added with the (undocumented) option
--x-add-indirect-arcs

I've also changed (again) the formular that mkgmap uses to calculate the
length of a road (segment).
With trunk r3057 we use
    final static double LENGTH_FACTOR = 3.2808 / 16;
    private static int convertMeters(double l) {
        return (int) (l * LENGTH_FACTOR);
    }
 for r3065 in the branch I've rounded the value:

return (int) (l * LENGTH_FACTOR + 0.5);

In this new patch I use
    // units of 16 feet with one feet ~ 1/3 meter
    final static double LENGTH_FACTOR = 3.34 / 16;
    private static int convertMeters(double l) {
        return (int) (l * LENGTH_FACTOR + 0.5);
    }

That means that the travel time calculated with this patch is a bit higher.
I found the value looking at the travel time for a long "motorway-only"
route. The length was 54.5 km, and this formular gets us close to 30 min
travel time for an avg. speed of 109 km on motorways.